Posted on

PTO Meeting Discussion December 4, 2018

PTO Meeting Minutes

December 4, 2018
Coffeebar, Squaw Valley, CA

In attendance: Liz, Jeff, Kim , Kim , Jen, Danielle, Karin, Melissa
Call to order at 0848

Directors Report:
Apres Creekside-Decemeber 20th at Auld Dubliner after school; PTO sponsored ornament making for kids.
Classroom Reps: Hows it going? Kim (who is a rep for 2nd grade) would like to do more to help. Classroom rep roles discussed. Job description depends on the teachers needs; Jeff to discuss with teacher on how to utilize the classroom reps. PTO Board members to join teachers on Friday 12/14 at 1045 to brainstorm ideas for ways to engage classroom reps. One way that was agreed upon was that the C.R. can be a liaison between the teachers and the PTO meetings.
Met with Placer County re: lot across from fire station for a more permanent location for Creekside= no go. Although Squaw is very motivated to keep Creekside in Squaw but no commitment was made for anything long term.

Presidents Report:
Annual Fundraising Gala date set on May 10th at Alpine Meadows. Theme to be Las Vegas (what happens at the Gala stays at the Gala). Committee meetings to start in January. Casino tables, couches, DJ, dancers for entertainment. Volunteer roles to be set and made more concrete than in years past. Tickets to be sold thru Event Brite, decision needs to be made for pricing, creation of banners, posters (list on poster what the fundraiser is specifically for) etc. Idea thrown out to put large auction items online so all can participate. Check with Spin to see if he has any input on how to do this.

VP Report:
Spring Dance. 6th-8th grades, at OVL in April possibly; OVL. Melissa to figure out dates. Invite other schools. Good music is key!!
Souperbowl- Dates, Place, committees. Camy to spearhead the event. Audra and Danielle as well. Dates: possibly the Thursday right before Ski/Skate week. 3p-5p at OVL.

Treasurers Report:
Checks received and the budget looks good.

Next PTO Open and Board Meetings- Integrate the 2 meetings into 1 meeting. If a closed meeting needs to occur then the Board can meet afterwards or create an alternative meeting. How to make the meetings more Parent-Teacher was discussed and ideas to be implemented. NEXT PTO MEETING TUESDAY JANUARY 8th at Coffeebar after drop off. PTO is buying!…(coffee that is).

Posted on

PTO Open Meeting Agenda – Monday, March 14, 2016

PTO Meeting Agenda
Monday, March 14, 2016
6pm @ Moes in Tahoe City

~Ski Enrichment Update- (suggestions have been made to exchange a day at Squaw for a Nordic day since 2 Nordic days have been missed…comments?)

~Spring Enrichment Update- Alicia

~Teachers Update

~Volunteer Commitment Form at conferences.

~PTO Board openings – Social Media Coordinator; Ski Enrichment Coordinator (1-2 people); Spring Enrichment Coordinator (1-2 people)

~Going for the Gold GALA Fundraiser- Our main fundraiser! On Saturday May 6th.
Auction, décor, planning!!

Posted on

PTO Meeting Agenda – Wednesday, January 27, 2016

PTO Meeting Agenda

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

5:30 pm

Margs Taco Bistro, Truckee, CA

 

GALA Fundraiser – date, place, need for an auction committee!, need for an event committee!

Ski enrichment – small enrollment, need parents to pay, this year is Kirsten’s last year=need replacement.

Spring enrichment ideas?

Marketing – Ideas for families to “market” Creekside/SVP; transitional-K

Treasurers Report 

Open Discussion:

Monthly Happy Hour- to start again in February

Weekly classroom bake sale table is a hit!! Keep it going.

Posted on

PTO-Sponsored Town Hall Meeting

Wednesday, February 11, 2015
5:00 – 6:30
at OVL in Squaw
All parents are invited to attend. This is an opportunity for all members of the Creekside and Squaw Prep communities to meet the Staff of both schools, the PTO board members, CCM board members, SEF members, and the newly formed School Advisory Council. Questions are welcome, and we encourage open and respectful communication. This is an adults only event please!

Posted on

PTO Meeting Agenda – January 21, 2015

 Creekside/SquawPrep PTO Meeting Agenda

Wed, January 21
5pm – 7pm
Creekside Charter School
  •  Reports
    1. Presidents Report – Jesse Desens
      Ski Enrichment Report – Kirsten Clark-Rickenbach
    2. Spring Enrichment Report – Alicia Doherty
      Treasurers Report – Alissa Morganti
      Directors report – Camille Taylor/Gillian Tomasini
      Teachers report –
      CCM report –
  • Discussion
    1. Souperbowl – Melissa Hodous
    2. Proposed School Advisory Council – Donya Brown
    3. Other
  • Action Items
  • Adjourn
Posted on

PTO Meeting Minutes – December 17, 2014

Creekside/Squaw Prep PTO
Regular Meeting
December 17, 2014

 In attendance:  Kirsten Rickenbach, Chiara Gajar, Theresa Anderson, Alicia Doherty, Lynda Walsh, Tess Timmins, Gillian Tomasini, Jesse Desens, Jennifer Worthy, Wendy Ackermann, Lynda Walsh, Camille Taylor.

Call to order: 3:10 pm.

Presidents Report (Jesse Desens):  Fall Feast seemed to run fairly smoothly.   A big thank you to everyone who helped and participated, it was a big undertaking.

Fall fundraiser/Reel Fest, thank you to everyone who helped, Trina, Sonya and all of the Squaw Prep parents that were involved.  This is what helps to unite Squaw Prep and Creekside.  The fundraising profits on this event were not huge, it was more about bringing the parents and teachers together and it seemed to work.

Treasurers Report (Report sent in by Alissa Morganti who could not be at the meeting):  Fall Enrichment totals are:  $24,052.57.  This falls under our budget of $24,840.00 for Fall Enrichment.

Creekside PTO has contributed $3,500.00 to Creekside Charter Management.  $2,000.00 of which went to the Fall Oddessey trip and $1,500.00 which went to MUN.  These funds came from Souper Bowl income and Iron Man donation. A check was given to CCM for the donation for Lab Equipment for Squaw Prep in the amount of $5,160.00.  Bank Balance is:  $20,165.53.

Skiing budget: 

Friday Ski Program Report:  (Kirsten Rickenbach):  Skiing budget of $10,000.00.  Taken in so far:

54 students have signed up for skiing, this is a smaller number of participation than in previous years.   45 paid so far.  4-5 Adults who will be skiing with groups will need passes and 10 students.  There is one Kindergarten student who has never skied before, hoping to hire Olivia to instruct.  35 – 40 volunteers have signed up to ski with the students.  Thank you to Cameron Bordner for writing up the liability release for the ski program.

Enrichment Report (Alicia Doherty):  Fall Enrichment:  the new structure, with one teacher staying with each grade seemed to work well and the transition periods went smoother.  Working on ideas for Spring Enrichment.  Will have a set teacher for each grade and extra teachers to help out.  Some of the classes include First Lego Robotics, Fox Walkers, and Improv.  The payment structure seemed to work.  Alicia would like to see the teachers getting paid for a day of prep. The overall  plan for Spring Enrichment will be presented in a month or so.

Teachers Report:  (Theresa Anderson):  Teachers met in Miss Jessica’s classroom about strategies on teaching, it was very positive and learned new ideas. They talked about lessons on how to coach other teachers. Donations for Reel Feast are appreciated and the teachers who were not at the Fall Fundraiser are excited to see the films at OVL on January 6.

(Tess Timmins):  Feast was awesome and a nice way to bridge gap between schools.  Reel Fest:  9th graders made the movies.  They were creative and had fun making these movies.  They learned a lot about real life commercials.  There was a lot of work that went in to the reel fest and incorporated the CA common core of 70% reading and writing.

Fall Oddessey trips were planned in hopes of bonding the students.  Spring Oddessey ideas consist of  smaller groups doing different trips possibly San Fran., Santa Cruz etc.  Teachers and students are thinking of ideas for fundraising for these trips. Maybe something such as a running race, something that involves the kids and the community, having a booth at Truckee Thursdays.

Discussion:  Ideas for next year’s Fall Feast:  Jazz band played which many families did not realize if they were in another room.  Maybe next year there should be an announcement and round everyone up.  Need to come up with some ways to keep kids contained.  Canned Food Drive:  organize kids to haul cans out.

  • Yoga studio in the village offering free yoga for the students, Squaw Prep students walked over.
  • Spring clean up to happen again.
  • Squaw Prep and Creekside students are writing letters of appreciation to Squaw for allowing our school to be here.
  • Art lessons in the classrooms- there are kits you can buy ($250.00/classroom) that have all of the materials and instructions for different art lessons.  We would need volunteer parents to come in to the classrooms and help with once/ month projects that would build off of each other.

Adjourn:  4:30 pm Alicia Doherty motions to adjourn, Wendy Ackermann seconds.

Posted on

PTO Meeting Minutes – October 15, 2014

Creekside/Squaw Prep PTO
Regular Meeting
October 2014

The October meeting of the Creekside/Squaw Prep PTO was held on Wednesday, October 15, 2014, at 5:30 p.m., on the school campus in Squaw Valley, CA. In attendance: Andrew Koijane, Lisa Smith, Brett Sayles, Alicia Doherty, Jenelle Potvin, Shelly Georgiu, Gillian Tomasini, Alissa Morganti, Jessica Loring, Trina Gold, Camille Taylor, Kirsten Rickenbach, Jesse Desens, Allison Schreiber and Sonya E.J. Wong.

Call to Order: 5:38 p.m. by Jesse Desens

1. Reports

Presidents Report – Jesse Desens

  • brief overview re the need for fall fundraisers
  • noted that the breakfast for Squaw Prep was successful this morning, catered by Banovich’s – please thank them.

Enrichment Report – Alicia Doherty

  • Each class will have a  field trip this fall according to theme.
  • Halloween special day- Elevation Hoops, Spooky Science, art. Looking for parent volunteers (contact Allison Schreiber).
  • Kirsten Rickenbach reported on Ski Enrichment- Discussion re distributing the ski program information at a learning conference (not at Thanksgiving Feast this year).

Treasurers Report – Alissa Morganti
  Squaw Prep

  • $5,000 anonymous donation for the science lab for Squaw Prep
  • Waiting on Ironman money- not sure how much we will get
  • $8,000 from Superbowl funds remaining to allocate to Squaw Prep

Creekside

  • Bank balance: $36,000
  • Fees collected for enrichment: 111 students paid, 112 attending (nearly $27,000 collected to date)
  • Ski passes purchased for Mr. Eric and Olivia to help with Ski Enrichment Fridays
  • Playground equipment purchased
  • Melissa Hodous is still selling items on ebay from Superbowl and has taken in over $2,000

Directors report – Camille Taylor

  • survey sent out. Only 8 parents responded. Please complete the survey.
  • At the next meeting Camille to report on our assessment data for Creekside Testing.
  • Next CCM board meeting will address budgetary items- take a look at the website to view the agenda packet 7 days before the meeting. Call Camille if you have any questions about the agenda items before the board meeting.
  • Sunday, October 19: Stonyridge Revisited Breakfast at Rideout – all the proceeds go to fund the MUN trip to Montreal. $15 adults, $10 for students.
  • MUN 1 and MUN 2 is hosting a guest speaker in the village this weekend. Saturday, October 18, from 9a-2p.  Will also judge the simulation. Sugar Bowl Academy and Sagehen students are also participating.
  • Tech Infusion Thursdays will begin soon. Students (and possibly parents) will be able to sign up on google doc to get questions answered about their technology products.

Teachers report – Jessica Loring

  • playground equipment has been very well received.
  • please send PTO reminders to the teachers to post to parents in their weekly memos.
  • Big thank you to Alicia for her service and Melissa for the student directory.
  • Possible Fundraiser: Reno Aces reached out to Gillian, re potential fundraiser at their game(s) next summer 2015- depending on how many tickets are purchased, the school can get back 5-6$ per ticket. Jesse to look into this fundraiser and let Gillian know if PTO wants to take it.

 2. Discussion

Fall Fundraiser 

  1. Family Photo Shoot. 15 minute photo shoot per family. School charged each family $60, photographer charged $15, each family receives 10 digital images. Would need 1-2 people to get people to sign up and organize day(s) of event, Suggested venues: Cottonwood, Squaw, or Martis Valley Barn.
  2. Art Haus Tahoe City, Friday, December 5 (venue is confirmed). Event for adults – showcase student slides or movies. Andrew trying to secure a local band for entertainment. Need to launch the event and get the kids involved asap. Budget: venue will be free, can fit 180 people. Will need food/beverages. In conjunction with Parents Night Out (6-10pm). Andrew and Sonya taking lead on this.

Thanksgiving Feast

  • Andrew reached out to Brandon at Squaw to check on venue- Olympic Village Lodge.
  • Sonya offered to help organize the event this year.
  • Thursday, November 20. Set up 11:30, kids come over at noon.
  • Jesse suggested that kids should dress up for the Feast, to encourage better behavior?
  • Sonja suggested kids make invitations for the parents.
  • Appetizer table suggested to help control the hunger problems.

Homework Club

  • Question raised re Homework Club: anyway to get it back? Answer: not with our current facilities, but there are options of using aides as tutors. Gillian to ask aides to put together google doc with their specialties and contact information.

 3. Action Items

  • Trina made a motion to approve the December 5 Art Haus Fundraiser. Lisa seconded the motion. Vote: All were in favor; motion approved.
  • Alicia made a motion to approve the family photo shoot fundraiser. Brett seconded the motion. Vote: All were in favor; motion approved.

Adjourn 6:59 p.m.

Gillian made a motion to adjourn the meeting, Alicia seconded the motion. All were in favor.

Next PTO Meeting will be held November 19, 5:30 p.m.

Prepared by: Jenelle Potvin, PTO Secretary

Approved by the PTO on: ___________________________

PTO President Signature: ___________________________

Posted on

Agenda – PTO Meeting – Oct. 15, 2014

DRAFT
Creekside/Squaw Prep PTO Meeting
Wednesday, October 15
5:30 PM @ Creekside Charter School

1. Reports
Presidents Report – Jesse Desens
Enrichment Report – Alicia Doherty
Treasurers Report – Alissa Morganti
Directors report – Gillian Tomasini
Teachers report –
CCM report –

2. Discussion
Fall Fundraiser
Thanksgiving Feast
Squaw Prep Liasons
Souperbowl
Other

3. Action Items

4. Adjourn