The snow is dwindling and ski enrichment wrapped up in March. In spite of the challenging conditions, the kids had a great time. Thanks to Kirsten and all the volunteers for making 2015 a success!
Creekside/Squaw Prep PTO Wed. Mar. 18th 2015, 5pm Location: At school, Squaw Valley
PTO General Meeting Agenda
- PTO President – Jesse Desens
- Treasurer’s Report – Alissa Morganti
- Ski Enrichment Report – Kirsten Clark-Rickenbach or Brett Sayles
- Spring Enrichment Report – Alicia Doherty
- Souper Bowl Report – Melissa Houdus
- Director’s Report – Carolyn
- Assistant Principal – Gillian Tomasini
- Teacher’s Report –
- Squaw Prep Update – Sonya Wong
- CCM Report
- SAC Update
- Bylaws Update – April Meeting, Jesse
- Upcoming Fundraisers – Fish Taco Night?, others
- Board Positions available – Pres., Treasurer. Nominations/volunteers for April election
- Other items
- Action Items
- Approve Funds Contribution
- 7th and 8th grade bus trip funds – Auburn Field Trip
- Pigeon Point Field Trip
- Approve Funds Contribution
Creekside/SquawPrep PTO Meeting Agenda
- Presidents Report – Jesse Desens Ski Enrichment Report – Kirsten Clark-Rickenbach
- Spring Enrichment Report - Alicia Doherty Treasurers Report – Alissa Morganti Directors report – Camille Taylor/Gillian Tomasini Teachers report – CCM report –
- Souperbowl - Melissa Hodous
- Proposed School Advisory Council - Donya Brown
- Action Items
Creekside/Squaw Prep PTO Regular Meeting December 17, 2014In attendance: Kirsten Rickenbach, Chiara Gajar, Theresa Anderson, Alicia Doherty, Lynda Walsh, Tess Timmins, Gillian Tomasini, Jesse Desens, Jennifer Worthy, Wendy Ackermann, Lynda Walsh, Camille Taylor. Call to order: 3:10 pm. Presidents Report (Jesse Desens): Fall Feast seemed to run fairly smoothly. A big thank you to everyone who helped and participated, it was a big undertaking. Fall fundraiser/Reel Fest, thank you to everyone who helped, Trina, Sonya and all of the Squaw Prep parents that were involved. This is what helps to unite Squaw Prep and Creekside. The fundraising profits on this event were not huge, it was more about bringing the parents and teachers together and it seemed to work. Treasurers Report (Report sent in by Alissa Morganti who could not be at the meeting): Fall Enrichment totals are: $24,052.57. This falls under our budget of $24,840.00 for Fall Enrichment. Creekside PTO has contributed $3,500.00 to Creekside Charter Management. $2,000.00 of which went to the Fall Oddessey trip and $1,500.00 which went to MUN. These funds came from Souper Bowl income and Iron Man donation. A check was given to CCM for the donation for Lab Equipment for Squaw Prep in the amount of $5,160.00. Bank Balance is: $20,165.53. Skiing budget: Friday Ski Program Report: (Kirsten Rickenbach): Skiing budget of $10,000.00. Taken in so far: 54 students have signed up for skiing, this is a smaller number of participation than in previous years. 45 paid so far. 4-5 Adults who will be skiing with groups will need passes and 10 students. There is one Kindergarten student who has never skied before, hoping to hire Olivia to instruct. 35 – 40 volunteers have signed up to ski with the students. Thank you to Cameron Bordner for writing up the liability release for the ski program. Enrichment Report (Alicia Doherty): Fall Enrichment: the new structure, with one teacher staying with each grade seemed to work well and the transition periods went smoother. Working on ideas for Spring Enrichment. Will have a set teacher for each grade and extra teachers to help out. Some of the classes include First Lego Robotics, Fox Walkers, and Improv. The payment structure seemed to work. Alicia would like to see the teachers getting paid for a day of prep. The overall plan for Spring Enrichment will be presented in a month or so. Teachers Report: (Theresa Anderson): Teachers met in Miss Jessica’s classroom about strategies on teaching, it was very positive and learned new ideas. They talked about lessons on how to coach other teachers. Donations for Reel Feast are appreciated and the teachers who were not at the Fall Fundraiser are excited to see the films at OVL on January 6. (Tess Timmins): Feast was awesome and a nice way to bridge gap between schools. Reel Fest: 9th graders made the movies. They were creative and had fun making these movies. They learned a lot about real life commercials. There was a lot of work that went in to the reel fest and incorporated the CA common core of 70% reading and writing. Fall Oddessey trips were planned in hopes of bonding the students. Spring Oddessey ideas consist of smaller groups doing different trips possibly San Fran., Santa Cruz etc. Teachers and students are thinking of ideas for fundraising for these trips. Maybe something such as a running race, something that involves the kids and the community, having a booth at Truckee Thursdays. Discussion: Ideas for next year’s Fall Feast: Jazz band played which many families did not realize if they were in another room. Maybe next year there should be an announcement and round everyone up. Need to come up with some ways to keep kids contained. Canned Food Drive: organize kids to haul cans out.
- Yoga studio in the village offering free yoga for the students, Squaw Prep students walked over.
- Spring clean up to happen again.
- Squaw Prep and Creekside students are writing letters of appreciation to Squaw for allowing our school to be here.
- Art lessons in the classrooms- there are kits you can buy ($250.00/classroom) that have all of the materials and instructions for different art lessons. We would need volunteer parents to come in to the classrooms and help with once/ month projects that would build off of each other.